Tuesday, July 19, 2011

the tables have turned

oh how sweet it is...

I realized today once again how glad I am NOT to be in school anymore...
more meaning...

The dental assisting program!!! ahhhh!!!
trust me.. no one has ever spoken a good name about it... It was definitely a challenging year. 
you wouldn't think so, I mean... how hard could dental assisting be??? Not like you're going to school to be a dentist or anything!
True...BUT STILL!!
The rules, the studying, the un-organization, and everything in between was just nutzzz!!
but wait...
before i continue to ramble on this vent, i will stop, and get to my point..

Today at work, we had a dental assisting student come in from SCC to do clinical hours.
She was just in the class below me, so we kinda already knew each other.
Of coarse, we chatted about school, telling her what to look forward to, what to expect and all. I like to help them out as much as possible, cause' i know how much it stinks!
During procedures I was standing by her, watching and helping her assist the dentist to help her become a more efficient assistant. While doing this it reminded me how not to long ago at all, I was in her position and someone was watching over me and helping improve my skills at that same place. It was nice to feel that I can help out another student with my current experience! Cause' when I was in school I thought whatever assistant was training me on the site could care less that I was there. So I was determined not to appear that way to the assisting student there.
I actually thought it was pretty freaking cool to feel like I'm doing the teaching instead of the learning for once! 
I'd say this little feeling put me in a great mood at work today.. So I thought I'd share...






No comments:

Post a Comment